I went through my normal routine this morning, feeding the horses and putting them outside and then rushing to get myself ready for my job as an office manager. Things have been going quite rough at work lately and I have decided that I need to look for another position, although would rather stay at home and work on my website, www.DressageMarket.com and of course ride during the nicest part of the day. This is the plan I have set aside for the future but as for now, a normal job during the day is a reality.
While not looking forward to going to work this morning and really feeling down about the whole situation, I got a ping on my phone. I had a message from a Facebook friend that I did not really know. Her message revealed that she wanted to help me spread the word about the website and she complimented my site several times. I went from feeling blah to ecstatic immediately.
I have been involved with riding since age 6 , and specifically dressage since age 10. Throughout these years, I have met some incredible dressage people either at barns, clinics or the multiple shows I have attended each year. Some people you see at multiple horse shows annually and others at maybe one show but you still remember their name and of course their horse's name.
I competed in the first FEI Junior Rider Championships in 1997, which was hosted in the Washington, DC area. We were there for about a week and during that time, the 12 junior riders representing the United States became friends. Throughout time, I would bump into one of them occasionally at shows but mostly I would just read about them through some sort of dressage publication until I joined Facebook. It was amazing! After all this time I still remembered one of the team members that I really liked (Julie) and sent her a friend request. Since then we have talked many times and she has been very supportive of the website and continues to spread the word. The person that contacted me today was a friend of Julie's that I had never met and she wanted to help also. The word about the website has spread to many people wonderful people. I want to thank Julie and my newly found friend for their efforts to spread the word about the site and for brightening my day! Thank You!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment